Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer's breeze

There is that wonderful expression: the air is pregnant with fragrance... like it's about to give birth to summer.
That's exactly what it's like these days - there are so many beautifully summery fragrances in the air.

My favourite is elderflower! The warm and humid air carries it through the streets, into the trams, past the supermarkets and sometimes even into my window. I love it. I often stop in the street, close my eyes and just inhale. Elderflower makes me think of my favourite childhood drink, when mum used to make sirup out of bags and bags of elderflower blossoms that we used to collect in the woods and fields. Then the whole house was filled with that sweet smell and there was that strange construction in the kitchen, a kind of towel full of the flowers, suspended over a large pot and the sweet sirup dripping out. Hmmm!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This blog including all content and images by Selmo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 Germany License.