Friday, April 07, 2006

Lotf'Allah



I found this photo of Lotf'Allah Mosque on my computer today and I really liked it. I had completely forgotten I ever took it.
Standing under that powerful and richly ornamented dome filled me with tranquility and awe, when I was there. I remember there was a little boy playing on the ground, who didn't pay any attention to what was going on around or above him, completely absorbed in his play, while everyone around him had their heads between their shoulders, admiring what towered above.
Lotf'Allah means "the gentleness of God". In this case it is a beautiful mosque in Isfahan, on the Naghshejahan Square, which is about three fifths of the way to Kathmandu from here, I think. (-;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This blog including all content and images by Selmo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 Germany License.