Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One way

Today I booked a one-way ticket to Amman, Jordan.

That might not sound very special, but it is rather significant. Well, for me it is. From now on, I'll not be 'going to the Middle East' and 'coming back', but the other way round. I might 'go to Europe' one day, for a visit, with a return ticket to Amman in my pocket. Well, it needn't be Amman, though it will be for the first few months. Then, who knows where life will take me. Only this time, it's not my spirit for adventure, my purse or my fancy deciding where that will be, but the job market. I do have some choice, of course. And my choice is the Levant.

But then the old saying goes: if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This blog including all content and images by Selmo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 Germany License.