Friday, April 07, 2006

Coffee in a cold (and rainy) climate

Since nobody helped me in the search for a name of 'the force' that I described a few weeks ago, I am going to try to give her one myself, but I shall remain open to suggestions...
I'm still struggling with her and my dad told me on the phone yesterday that he is, too, which gives me a mixed feeling of relief and alarm. Yesterday she got the better of me, today I'm riding her with tight reins.
But today I have a helping hand and together we're riding the force (with two people it's much easier to put your weight down and get control over a wild mare like that). I have a very funny relationship with that friend who's sitting behind me - I can't exactly say that I like him, in fact I detest him most of the time (I think he himself is indifferent about me), but he is incredibly useful. So in order to make use of him, I have to overcome my distaste for him every now and then. It only happens once in a blue moon that I really need him, but it does happen. I first met him in Paris about 2 years ago. It's hard to describe him, since - as I said - I hardly ever meet him, ... although he always seems to be in the house. In short, I'd say he is very strong, quite dark and 100% Arabic(a).

But back to the force... the more I'm writing here, the less control I have over her - she's flinging her head around and pulling the reins out of my hands, so I better hurry to name her, wich will conclude this episode and give me the strength to hold her down.
I have decided to give her a situational-specific name, because she does vary and come in different strenghts and uses different methods, but in my case, she is probably best described by the name "dissertraction".

(-;

P.S.: for more stories on coffee and climate change (but less on horses and weird things like that, I think) go to http://coffee-in-a-coldclimate.blogspot.com !

3 Comments:

Blogger beckita said...

My dear Anselmo - sorry to hear about the dissertraction - but makes for entertaining reading. I will be back to the essay grinding this week - so will be sympathising every step of the way - hope you've managed to up your word count.
beckilina

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

4:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

7:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This blog including all content and images by Selmo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 Germany License.