Friday, July 24, 2009

Café do Brazil


It's been a few weeks now that I've more or less moved out of my house... since then I'm living mostly on my roof. Many months ago I had the idea of building a Bedouin tent on the large tiled roof of the house I'm living in - and about a month ago it was finally finished - a kind of urban Bedouin tent, you might call it - made out of recycled Brazilian coffee bags (hence the name), 5 x 4 metres big, closed on 3 sides and open to the north, where trees kindly grow over my house onto the roof, giving shade, green and happiness.

This is my new home. I sleep here and spend the few hours a day that I have outside work and theatre rehearsals. It's like camping without the trip, like nature in the middle of town, like weekend at the end of every day. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This blog including all content and images by Selmo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 Germany License.