Saturday, May 13, 2006

When Vlad met Olga

They only met five days ago.
Immediately after being introduced, they started abusing each other. For about an hour without stopping. Partly as a way to entertain their mutual friend Jane and partly as a disguised, but obvious expression of immediate affection.

Today they had their first domestic.
They went for a coffee in the afternoon and then loosely (only 'loosely' in his interpretation, as it turned out) arranged to meet for a break at 9pm somewhere in the library, where they were studying. He went for a drink with a mate of his at 8pm, which took longer than expected. His phone was dead.

When she found him walking into the library at 10pm, she was furious.
Later on in the evening he found these eMails:

____________________________________________________________

From: Olga
To: Vlad
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:24:45 +0100

right! i cant find u so u better find me,i m sitting on the same floor where u
were b4 in one of the big tables in the middle!!!!actually could u come
downstairs if u see this????
what is the 2nd floor??where's west????
_____________________________________________________________

From: Olga
To: Vlad
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:42:36 +0100

Right, that's it i just cant find u!!!!where da hell r u????i cant believe how
big of a hassle is to find u every time!!!!i ll just go bk to my seat, on the
floor where u were sitting at the beginning, right in the middle on one of the
big tables...come get me!!!!
x:-?
_____________________________________________________________

From: Vlad
To: Olga
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 00:52:39 +0100

My God! What a day!

I so enjoyed getting to know you a little more at our early afternoon coffee break and was glad and astonished about how well we got on, considering how little we know each other... I have thought of our sudden friendship as being like a little world in itself. It's different to the world we live in here, it's outside it, beyond it. We're both European and I haven't had a 'European' friend here for a long time. There's just certain things that you would understand about me and how I do things that British or American people wouldn't understand. And you have an immediate, a passionate and spontaneous outlook onto life, which I like a lot.


.... but now you're mad at me and you will never want to make an appointment with me again for fear of me making you feel stupid AGAIN, waiting for me!

I know we've been joking a lot, but from now on I shall take you quite a bit more serious, at the same time as you will try to take me less serious - that'll be an interesting contrast. I hope we can meet somewhere in the middle... and have a hot chocolate or maybe even a cup of Hedgerose tea. And guess what: this time I'll be there. AND on time, too.

Good night, my dear Olga.

-- Don't be mad at me, it's not worth it. --
____________________________________________________________




An alternative title for this silly story could be "On punctuality" or "Lessons to be learned from being late".
Whether Vlad will learn his lesson on punctuality or whether Olga will learn to be less immediately affected by situations as this one only God knows... and it's written in the creamy yellow sand of a beautiful beach in Paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This blog including all content and images by Selmo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 Germany License.